GOXI

sharing in governance of extractive industries

The available literature on reporting in the mining industry says very little about conflict management by mining companies and other stakeholders. Often times, conflict is mentioned as a factor increasing costs and as a challenge for the industry and governments. Nevertheless, less attention, as far as I know, as been devoted by the parties to report and hence educate others about successful experiences of conflict management. I would like to identify people with experience in conflict management in the mining industry (specially if they have experience in South America) that will be interested in taking part in the validation of a short survey on this issue. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested or if you know someone who may be even if not in GOXI.

Views: 851

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Paul,

I have been working in the sector especially in the last three years and can contribute a lot, particularly with the Ethiopian country context. 

Dear Paul,
Joseph Smith is my name, I live in Freetown, Sierra Leone, West Africa. I have a BSC Hons... in Peace and Conflict Resolution. My major work has being on mining and conflict prevention, management and resolution in the mining industries in Sierra Leone. I have just done a research as a lead researcher on examining the relationship between mining companies and their host community people and the potential drivers of conflicts in the mining industry of Sierra Leone. Also, my masters thesis plan is base on this topic: Extractive Industries' activities! " A new driver of peace and security challenge in the Mano River Union West Africa"

However, am very much interested in your coming work as my experience on identifying drivers of conflicts in the mining industries will be an added value to the validation of the short survey.

Contacts: jsmithcpn@yahoo.co.uk +232-77495770

RSS

Conveners

GOXI Partners

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Kobina Aidoo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service