Deadline to Apply: 18 August, 2017
The Extractives Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) is looking for an intern to support the International Secretariat in Oslo. The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) promotes open and accountable management of natural resources, through implementation of the global EITI Standard. It aims to strengthen public financial management, inform public debate and enhance trust. The EITI is implemented in 52 countries, bringing together government, industry and civil society.
As the Communications and conference intern, you will be a part of the EITI communications team. The intern can expect to undertake the following tasks:
- Update and maintain the EITI website and directory, including news items and other key information, checking that content is in appropriate languages.
- Update and maintain ‘Opening up ownership – sharing practice, building systems’ conference app and conference website, including the programme, speaker profiles, relevant documentation, attendees list, etc. See this link for more information about the Beneficial Ownership Transparency Conference.
- Oversee the running of the ‘Opening up ownership’ Conference competition, respond to enquiries and encourage participation throughout EITI implementing countries.
- Assist the communications team with live-streaming the conference.
- Support conference team with other logistics as required.
- Assist production and printing of publications and other materials.
- Ensure up-to-date information is available to all EITI stakeholders and staff eg. Updating factsheets, uploading news items to eiti.org, and drafting staff meeting minutes.
- Undertake monthly reviews of EITI coverage in media and social media, and monitor secretariat inbox.
The intern will be paid 170 Norwegian Kroner per hour and should expect to work 37.5 hours per week. Internships tend to be between six and twelve months, though shorter placements can be considered. Candidates from EITI implementing countries with a work permit for Norway are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be proficient in IT-tools, including knowledge of editing and maintaining a website.
- Excellent writing skills in English are required. French, Russian, Arabic, Spanish and/or other EITI working languages are highly desirable, but not required.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in the field of international development.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree or be studying at a master’s degree level in a related field.
- Consideration will be given to candidates with an interest in IT operating systems and data analysis.
- Relevant past work experience will be taken into account.
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject “Communications and conference intern” no later than close on 18 August 2017. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis. Further inquiries can be directed to Victor Ponsford (firstname.lastname@example.org), Communication Officer.