Apply by: 18 October 2019
The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) International Secretariat is now recruiting a full-time Country Manager for Latin-America and Caribbean to join the office in Oslo, Norway.
This position offers the chance to work in an international and vibrant working environment helping citizens of resource-rich countries benefit from their natural resources and to work on subjects at the cutting edge of development and the extractive industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, detailed-oriented, political and research-savvy individual with sharp analytical skills, who can manage competing interests and stakeholders relations in EITI member countries in Latin-America and Caribbean.
We offer a competitive salary and will consider requests to provide financial support to cover relocation costs based on circumstances and financial need.
- Provide oversight of implementation in Latin-America and Caribbean EITI countries, including Guyana, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean and additional countries in Latin-America. This also include assessing and responding to opportunities for new engagements and bringing together regional priorities.
- Provide analysis of EITI data and training on the EITI Standard, produce communication materials and update website content related to EITI implementation in the region.
- Develop tools for monitoring progress with implementation and support the team in preparation of training and Validation missions.
- Encourage innovations and better use of EITI as a tool to improve natural resource governance, strengthened EITI implementation and disclosures, and support peer learning opportunities.
- Support outreach activities in other countries in the region (with particular focus on Brazil and Chile).
- Support Latin-America and Caribbean in the production of EITI publications and other relevant documentation, including Board papers.
- Relevant advanced university degree. Bachelors degree is required. Masters degree is highly desirable.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Spanish. Portuguese is highly desirable, but not required.
- Experience in natural resource governance and knowledge of the region.
- Experience with the mining industry, the oil and gas industry, Public Financial Management (PFM) including at subnational levels, State-owned enterprises in extractive sector and local engagement is highly desirable.
- Experience working in an international environment and with international partners is an advantage.
- Experience working with databases and websites is an advantage.
- We particularly welcome applicants from within the region.
How to apply
To apply please visit EITI's application portal no later than 18 October 2019 (23:59 CEST). Please note that they we will not process applications received via email.