sharing in governance of extractive industries
Deadline to Apply: October 15, 2017
Duration of Assignment: Up to 17 months, ( start November 2017)
Period of Project: November 2016 – Mai 2019 (30 months) ongoing
Job Opportunity: Team Leader
Country / Duty Station: Lebanon, Beirut
Job Code: EMN-LBN15EU0545
For the potential exploration and production of offshore oil and gas resources, the preparation, ap-proval and enforcement of a comprehensive legislative and organizational framework is of the utmost importance in order to ensure that maritime resources are protected through the enforcement of regulations applying the highest environmental international standards.
• The Team Leader will maintain an overview of the implementation of all the activities of the project under this project and shall supervise administrative, financial and logistic elements to ensure the quality of deliverables and reporting throughout the duration of the contract.
• Planning of activities and inputs of key-experts and non-key experts, coordination of tasks and responsibilities between experts and monitoring technical outputs of experts;
• S/he will be have significant expertise in organizational and institutional development of public sector institutions and should be able to provide capacity building as a key technical assistance to the project.
• S/he must also have knowledge and experience in the Energy and Petroleum Domain, with a spe-cific focus on restructuring and policy development to ensure good governance in the oil and gas sector.
• S/he will be the main contact point for the Contracting Authority and the project benefi-ciary.
• S/he is expected to be based in Lebanon.
Qualifications and skills
• Master degree in natural resources management, engineering or political science;
• Specialization in the Energy or Petroleum domain is a must.
• Excellent spoken and written English; Arabic is an asset.
General professional experience
• At least 10 years of professional experience in organisational and institutional development of public sector institutions and capacity building.
Specific professional experience
• At least 5 years' experience with development or restructuring of (parts of) the oil and gas sector(including capacity building), preferably in an emerging country.
• At least 2 years' experience with development of policies to implement/enhance internationally agreed standards of transparency and good governance within the oil and gas sectors.
• At least 2 experiences (of minimum 1,5 years each) in the past 10 years as a Team Leader for an international technical assistance project; any such experience within an EU-funded project is an asset.
For your information, Projekt-Consult GmbH, Geological Survey od Denmark and Greenland GEUS and Elard Group Lebanon are in a consortium with us.
Projekt-Consult, has more than 30 years of experience in implementing international cooperation projects in the extractive sector (for more info visit www.projekt-consult.de)
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until October 15, 2017.
Please send your English CV to Mainusch@gfa-group.de by email, referring to the Job Code
Last updated by Norma Garza Oct 4, 2017.