sharing in governance of extractive industries
Full-Time Fixed-Term to 31 March 2021
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team within CEPMLP, School of Social Science, to manage the Extractives Hub Project.
The Extractives Hub (www.extractiveshub.org) is the only online platform designed exclusively for governments in the extractives sector. The extractive industry consists of any operations that remove metals, mineral and aggregates from the earth. Examples of extractive processes include oil and gas extraction, mining, dredging and quarrying.
- Work with the Team Leader to make a work plan for the entire team; set targets and timeline for the project and assure everyone in the team is on track of achieving those targets;
- Schedule regular meetings with DFID and external partners in the international development sector and actively seek funding possibilities;
- Schedule regular internal meetings for the Hub and if necessary with other departments of the university;
- Build partnership with other international organisations, UK based universities, and developing country universities;
- Coordinate technical assistance requests from beneficiaries through the Hub Champions’ network and the CEPMLP alumni network; organise students, research fellows and external experts to work on technical assistance for beneficiaries;
- Manage Knowledge Exchange and Capacity Building activities in the Hub;
- Liaising with technology partner on the maintenance and if necessary new development of the Hub’s website;
- Manage and organise grant application under the guidance of Team Leader;
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports to DFID, with inputs from other team members
For further information please contact Professor Peter Cameron (email@example.com)
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee one of the top universities in the UK. Family friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN and Stonewall, as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.
|Click here to apply for this job|
Last updated by Norma Garza Mar 22.