Deadline to Apply: 16 June 2017
In its tenth year of operation, RCS Global is one of the world’s leading advisory, audit and training companies working in the responsible sourcing of natural resources.
From our ground-breaking mineral supply chain investigations a decade ago to our world leading audit and advisory work today – we have consistently led the drive in responsible mining and sourcing.
We have established an unrivalled position as the bridge between actors at each stage of the value chain, from major EU, US regulators, and Chinese industry bodies, to corporations and global manufacturers, producing companies and artisanal mining communities.
After considerable growth over the last 24 months we are now looking to appoint a detail orientated and critically thinking project director excited about working in this field who is ready to take the next step in her/his career.
An ideal candidate will have approximately 5 years of experience with project management, research, advisory and some responsible supply chain knowledge.
The candidate will be directly mentored by RCS Global’s senior management team with global career development opportunities and a structured pathway into a leadership position. The role is an unprecedented learning opportunity across multiple projects in multiple geographies.
To apply please read the role specifications and requirements below and send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 16 June.
- An entrepreneurial, self-starter with the ability to work proactively without constant close supervision
- Knowledge of or exposure to mining, sustainability, supply chains and global business trends
- Experience in business consulting and/or client-oriented service provider work
- Fluency in English is a must. French and/or Spanish language proficiency would be a distinct advantage
- Candidates with a Masters degree in a Business and Economics field are preferred, although this is not a core requirement
- Travel: This position requires international travel (up to 20%) and sometimes in development countries with limited infrastructure
- Location: There is a clear preference for the applicant to work from our Johannesburg office, however working remotely is an option. Secondments to other offices are also possible (work permit contingent)
- Remuneration: Competitive package depending on experience
- Take on project management responsibilities, including project and contractually related liaison with clients and subcontractors. This extends to coordinating project delivery and output under supervision of the relevant Senior Project Director and/or one of the Directors
- Conduct research, analysis and report/presentation writing to the best of his/her ability and to the deadline requested by the (project) Director(s) (as appropriate)
- Conduct fieldwork and act as team leader for teams in the field when appropriate
- Present research results in a manner appropriate to the task and intended recipients, in RCS’ style and using the templates provided by RCS. In particular, research should be presented as close to publication standard as possible, fully referenced and in fluid prose
- Participate in RCS Global’s IP development through our internal research and tools development process
- Contribute to new business development work under the supervision of Directors. In particular the project director will:
- Contribute actively to RCS Global’s regular communication tools, including industry briefing notes, newsletter, blogs, webinars, tweets etc.
- Prepare proposals
- Take project discussions forward under supervision or in partnership with a Senior Project Director or one of the Directors (as appropriate)
- Identify, create and develop business leads and partnerships with RCS Global’s partners
- Attend outside events as required, write briefing notes and/or report back to the rest of the team
To learn more about the role and responsibilities please visit our website http://www.rcsglobal.com/careers/.
Deadline for applications is 16 June but applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please send an up to date CV and cover letter to the email specified on http://www.rcsglobal.com/careers/.
Ideally applicants will work from the Johannesburg office but remote working is an option. Salary is negotiable dependent on expertise and experience. French and/or Spanish language proficiency will be a distinct advantage.