ACP-EU Development Minerals Prog's Page
- Organisation (if non, specify N/A)
- Type of Organisation
- International Organisation
- Job Title
- ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme
- About My Work
- Launched in July 2015, the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme implemented by UNDP is a three-year, €13.1 million capacity building initiative that aims to build the profile, and improve the management of development minerals (industrial minerals, construction materials, dimension stones, and semi-precious stones). The programme is an initiative of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States, financed by the European Union and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and implemented by UNDP. The programme supports the public, private, business development and social stakeholders that operate in the development minerals sector in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific. Development minerals are minerals and materials that are mined, processed, manufactured and used domestically in industries such as construction, manufacturing, and agriculture and have a high degree of economic linkage and utilization close to the location where the commodity is mined.
The ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme promotes knowledge exchange to increase the sector’s productivity, help better manage mining operations to adhere to national and international environmental and health standards, and prevent conflict through effective community relations.
- Areas of interest
- governance and anti-corruption, geology, environment, social accountability, human rights, redistribution and sustainable development
ACP-EU Development Minerals Prog's Photos
ACP-EU Development Minerals Prog's Videos