Universidad Externado de Colombia / Consultant for International Organisations and NGOs
Type of Organisation
Civil Society Organisation, International Organisation, Academia
Coordinator of the Oil and Mining Resources Research Group at the Faculty of Finances, Government and International Relations
About My Work
• Founded a multi-disciplinary research team for the analysis of oil and mining resources in order to provide solid academic foundations for current debates regarding Colombia’s oil and mining related policies.
• Developed research and lectured in political science, Latin American studies, transparency and governance of the extractive sector
• Established successful partnerships with private and public institutions to organize discussion sessions
• Designed learning strategies and content for an academic program in Extractive Industry, Monitoring and Sustainable Development in cooperation with Pontificia Universidad Católica del Peru and the Revenue Watch Institute.
• Participated as university delegate at different extractive industry dialogue platforms (Colombian dialogue table on Mining, Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative)
Areas of interest
gold, diamonds, oil and natural gas, csr, governance and anti-corruption, environment, social accountability, human rights, contract and licensing, monitoring revenue collection, redistribution and sustainable development