"To my understanding, civil society organisations can help train local government officers. the best way to train local government officers would be to organise meetings with both civil society, local and central government and to organise question…"
The goal of this project is therefore to develop country pilots to build capacity for improved monitoring of extractive industries contract award and implementation. Join this group to receive updates from the meeting and to share your experience.
I am passionate about natural resource governance in a global context. How are today’s international trends impacting upon rural livelihoods of people who depend upon those resources? Current tasks include:
• Support to civil society networks and multi-stakeholder taskforces for improved natural resource governance and accountability;
• Action-learning-research trajectories on conflict and cooperation over natural resources;
• Support to the implementation of the Paris Declaration and the Accra Agenda for Action (on Aid Effectiveness);
• Course design and delivery on topics as local governance, governance of natural resources, sustainable value chain development, monitoring and evaluation for impact;
• Workshop facilitation based upon innovative methodologies like Appreciative Inquiry;
• Advisory work in the field of organisational and institutional development and;
• A wide range of evaluation work according to different approaches and methodologies;
Areas of interest
governance and anti-corruption, social accountability, monitoring revenue collection, redistribution and sustainable development