• Research mining sector challenges and opportunities in Afghanistan for workshop discussions and presentations for team lead.
• Support the lead SME Expert in the development of and accurate and appropriate SME assessment instrument.
• Carryout survey activities in the provinces as directed by the lead SME Expert.
• Carryout data verification measures in the provinces for the data accuracy.
• Assist in the compilation and review of data collected
• Analyze data collected and conduct conclusions on data relevant to the geosciences field.
• Conduct research on value chain in the mining industry.
•Guide the team on contacts in the geosciences field to obtain a complete list of actors in Kabul and the provinces providing support to the mining industry and/or vocational training in geosciences.
Areas of interest
gold, diamonds, oil and natural gas, geology, environment, social accountability, redistribution and sustainable development