sharing in governance of extractive industries
For Immediate Release
Tanzanian civil society organisations on Friday 27th May, 2016 elected five representatives to the 3rd Tanzania Extractive Industries Transparency and Accountability Committee (TEITA Committee) formally known as Multi Stakeholder Group (MSG) which will be operational until May 2018.
The TEITA Committee brings together government, companies and civil society representatives that oversee the production of reports which allow citizens to follow the value of Tanzania’s natural resources from extraction all the way into government financial accounts for discussion and public debate.
The elected representatives to serve in the Committee for the next triennial are:
1. Mr. Amani Mhinda from HakiMadini will represent Convetional NGOs and his alternate is Mr. Donald Kasongi from Governance Links.
2. Ms. Blandina Sembu from Shirikisho la Vyama vya Walemavu Tanzania (SHIVYAWATA) will represent the Gender and Disability sub-constituency and her alternate is Lilian Liundi from TGNP Mtandao.
3. Mr. Dennis Mwendwa from Oil, Natural Gas & Environmental Alliance (ONGEA) will represent the Publish What You Pay Coalition and his alternate is Petro Ahham from the Multi-Environmental Society (MESO).
4. Dr. Camillus Kassala from the Interfaith Standing Committee on Economic Justice and Integrity of Creation will represent the Faith-Based Organisations and his alternate is Grace Masalakulangwa also from the Interfaith Standing Committee on Economic Justice and Integrity of Creation.
5. Ms. Philotea Ruvumbangu from Tanzania Mines, Energy, Construction and Allied workers Union (TAMICO) representing trade unions and her alternate is Mr. Nicomedes Kajungu from National Union of Mine and Energy workers Tanzania (NUMET).
The above names of the elected CSO representatives to the 3rd TEITA Committee formally known as (TEITI MSG) will be communicated to the Minister responsible for announcement as required by section 5 (4) of the TEITA Act 2015.
The meeting was coordinated by HAKIRASILIMALI which is a platform that brings together Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) working on issues around minerals, oil and gas extraction in Tanzania. In their April Meeting held at Giraffe Hotel in Dar es Salaam CSOs mandated HAKIRASILIMALI to coordinate the election meeting.
HAKIRASILIMALI secretariat would like to congratulate the newly elected civil society members and wish them the best in their new role.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Racheal Chagonja +255 757 868674 - email@example.com
Dennis Mwendwa +255 656 410610 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Add a Comment