Job opportunity: Analyst
In its 10th year of operation, RCS Global is one of the world’s leading supply chain due diligence advisory and auditing firms. We advise some of the largest and most respected companies in the world on identifying and mitigating human rights abuses and other negative socio-environmental impacts in their supply chains. Clients include downstream brands, midstream companies (smelters, processors, etc.) and raw material producers (e.g. mining companies).
For the past years, we have mostly focused on mineral supply chains, including the sourcing of cobalt, gold, tin, tantalum, and tungsten for consumer electronics. We are now pushing further, beyond minerals, to leverage our experience and expertise to improve responsible sourcing across the spectrum of natural resources.
RCS Global has experienced considerable growth over the last 24 months and we are now looking to appoint a detail orientated and critically thinking analyst excited about working in this field who is ready to take the next step in her/his career.
An ideal candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- 3-5 years of work experience, ideally in a business-oriented / corporate consulting / client-facing setting
- Excellent research and report-writing skills
- Some responsible supply chain knowledge
- Fluency in English with French, Spanish, and/or Swahili being a definite advantage
- IT knowledge (e.g. in blockchain) is a definite advantage, but not required
- Experience conducting field work is a definite advantage, but not required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, if required
The candidate will be directly mentored by RCS Global’s senior management team with global career development opportunities. The role is an unprecedented learning opportunity across multiple projects in multiple geographies.
- Reporting: This position reports to the two RCS Global Project Directors.
- Travel: This position requires international travel (up to 20%) and sometimes in development countries with limited infrastructure.
- Location: There is a preference is for the applicant to be based in Berlin, Germany. Working remotely is an option; however, only after one month in-office training, most likely in Johannesburg, South Africa. Secondments to other offices are also an option (work permit contingent).
- Remuneration: Competitive package depending on experience.
- Starting date: asap.
Using her/his professional experience the candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Conduct research, analysis and report/presentation writing to the best of his/her ability and to the deadline requested by the Project Director.
- Conduct fieldwork when appropriate.
- Present research results in a manner appropriate to the task and intended recipients, in RCS’ style and using the templates provided by RCS. In particular, research should be presented as close to publication standard as possible, concise, business-oriented, fully referenced and in fluid prose.
- Participate in RCS Global’s IP development through our internal research and tools development process.
- Contribute to new business development work under the supervision of Project Directors. In particular, the Analyst will:
- Contribute actively to RCS Global’s regular communication tools, including industry briefing notes, newsletter, blogs, webinars, tweets etc.
- Take project discussions forward under supervision or in partnership with a Project Director or one of the Directors (as appropriate).
- Identify, create and develop business leads and partnerships with RCS Global’s partners.
- Develop and populate databases and work with RCS internal management systems. This includes the organization and maintenance of RCS’s external consultant database.
- Attend outside events as required, write briefing notes and/or report back to the rest of the team.
- Take part in internal events as requested and contribute to the company’s internal strategy development
- Manage time appropriately when working remotely.
- Travel overseas to conduct client work at short notice, accompanied or unaccompanied by other RCS staff.
Please provide a CV and a Cover Letter by January 15, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.