The PWYP International Secretariat is recruiting a Francophone West Africa Regional Coordinator to provide dedicated coordination support to the PWYP coalitions in the region. The Regional Coordinator will join the dynamic, decentralised Secretariat team and will be based in one of the countries in the region where there is an affiliated PWYP coalition.
The Regional Coordinator will work closely with the PWYP Africa Steering Committee and PWYP Africa representatives on the PWYP Global Council to support and strengthen the technical capacities, strategic planning and advocacy of PWYP coalitions in Burkina Faso, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo, in support of PWYP's Vision 20/20 framework for a world where all citizens benefit from their natural resources, today and tomorrow.
Job title: Francophone West Africa Regional Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Member Engagement
Location: The Regional Coordinator will be based in one of the PWYP member countries in Francophone West Africa (see below)
The Regional Coordinator is responsible for coordinating PWYP’s member activities in Burkina Faso, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo; ensuring that National Coalitions and members are supported to achieve PWYP’s common goal of an open and accountable extractive sector so that oil, gas and mining revenues improve the lives of women, men and youth in resource-rich countries. He/she is responsible for coordinating PWYP’s activities, outreach and engagement with National Coalitions and regional level donors and partners in the region(s); acting as the primary point of contact and conduit for information.
Key result areas
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of strategic plans, governance mechanisms and effective teamwork for the PWYP Secretariat
- Guide the advocacy efforts of PWYP’s members by ensuring that comprehensive plans for strategic influencing, advocacy and communication are developed and implemented at a national level and regionally if appropriate
- Support and develop the capacity of member coalitions in the region to enhance their effectiveness to achieve our common goals
- In collaboration with the Global Initiatives and Impact team, ensure that national coalitions in the region are fully equipped and supported to gain maximum value from PWYP’s involvement in global initiatives
- Represent and promote a high profile brand for PWYP at the regional level
Advanced Degree in a relevant field (e.g. political sciences, international development, etc.)
Technical Experience & Knowledge
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience working on civil society, coalition and capacity building and/or natural resource governance
- At least 3 years of experience conducting/coordinating advocacy campaigns
- Knowledge of regional political context and stakeholder landscape
- Familiarity with the global extractive industry transparency movement and with the basic structure / operations of the extractive industries in the region
- Experience in fundraising with a proven track record of working with donors
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including producing reports and funding proposals
- Fluency in English and French is required (written and spoken); knowledge of other languages relevant to the region such as Spanish and Portuguese is an advantage
- Proven organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Experience of using social media
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Proficiency in Office Suites
- you are an open and confident communicator who perseveres and is keen to take responsabilities
- you appreciate a dynamique work environment with a diversity of activities
- you like challenges and are results-focused
- you have a sense of initiative and the capacity and desire to be a team player
- you are able to work in both English and French
Initial contract for 12 months, renewable, with a probation period of six months. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please send you CV (in French or in English) and a cover letter (in English) by email to Sandrine Levy email@example.com
Include the subject line: Francophone West Africa Regional Coordinator
The deadline to apply is Thursday, 16 March 2017
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by Thursday, 20 March. Please note that interviews will be held by Skype or teleconference on Monday, 27 and Tuesday, 28 March.