sharing in governance of extractive industries
Fundraising & Development
Responsible Mining Foundation
The aim of the Responsible Mining Foundation (RMF) is to help translate the full potential of minerals and metals mining to positively benefit the economies, improve the lives of people, and respect the environments of producing countries, particularly in some of the world’s poorest regions. In April this year, RMF published the first global Responsible Mining Index,an evidencebased assessment of 30 large, globally dispersed mining companies on key economic, environmental, social and governance (EESG) issues. RMF will continue to produce a global Responsible Mining Index (RMI) on a biennial basis, as well as other studies and relevant analyses, all with a focus to encourage continuous improvement in responsible mining.
RMF consults with its extensive network of experts and conducts consultations with a wide range of stakeholders, to guide development of research methodologies and encourage use of the results. Stakeholders consulted include mining-affected communities, civil society organisations, labour unions, government, mining companies, research institutions, investors, and other groups. Roundtable consultations have been held in several producing countries, including Cote d’Ivoire, India, Indonesia, Mongolia, Peru and South Africa.
For more information, see www.responsibleminingindex.org.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the position is responsible for funder relations, fundraising and reporting, as well as governance and oversight of accounting and office administration. The position will involve representation of the Foundation across a range of stakeholders (funders and potential funders, international organisations, related initiatives, governments, investors, etc.) and articulation of the aims and research results of the Responsible Mining Index in a compelling manner.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the Foundation’s fundraising & funder relations and reporting
- Represent the Responsible Mining Foundation to external stakeholders
- Articulate the aims and results of the Responsible Mining Foundation and Index
- Support stakeholder engagement and communication
- Oversee accounting, budget, and office administration
Competencies & Qualifications
- Demonstrable fundraising and funder relations experience
- Ability to develop compelling narratives for fundraising purposes
- Familiarity with oversight of accounting and budget administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Fluent English, other languages are an advantage
- Engaging communicator and compelling speaker
- Get-up-and-go team player
- Nationality/work status: qualify to work in Switzerland
Work Environment and Location
Join a small momentum-driven team based in the Geneva area, Switzerland. The position offers the opportunity of participation in an international learning environment, while contributing to the goal of continuous improvement in responsible mining.
How to Apply
Send your application including a CV, motivational letter and writing sample (in one PDF file) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line should read: Fundraising.
Receipt of application will be confirmed. Only shortlisted candidates will receive further
Pre-employment background checks are a standard procedure.
Applications will close on 21 October.
Add a Comment