sharing in governance of extractive industries
Oxfam International Liaison Office with the African Union (OI-AU), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, is seeking to hire a short-term consultant to provide maternity cover for its Policy Advisor on Extractive Industries (EI).
The consultant is expected to provide thought leadership, policy analysis, representation and advocacy on EI issues in relation to the African Union (AU), Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and other continental institutions.
The duration of the consultancy is from November 2014 to February 2015.
OI-AU welcomes applications from highly qualified candidates with experience of working on extractive industries, providing policy analysis and programme leadership, or leading advocacy initiatives targeted at national and continental institutions in Africa.
The specific qualities for the EI consultant are as follows:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, International Development, Politics, Law, Natural Resource Management or any other relevant discipline. A Bachelors’ degree with substantial work experience is also acceptable.
- At least four years of relevant work experience in any of the following areas - extractive industries, natural resource governance, public policy, international development or related area. Evidence of previous work with the AU and other continental institutions is an advantage.
- Specific knowledge of designing and implementing research, policy and/or advocacy initiatives on EI governance in Africa is an advantage. General work experience in Africa is a basic requirement for this role.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. A second language (e.g. French, Arabic or Swahili) is an advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Power point, Excel), Internet and Email applications.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, innovative thinker and a self-starter.
The EI consultant will earn a total fee of US$10,000 (net of taxes), payable monthly. OI-AU has a small budget to cover relocation costs and other expenses for exceptional candidates based outside Ethiopia. Note that this is an unaccompanied position with no provision for family relocation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, kindly submit the following documents:
The documents should be sent by email only to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Extractive Industries Consultant/Maternity Cover’, no later than 12 midnight East African Time on October 18, 2014.
Add a Comment