for the IGF's
13th Annual General Meeting
The AGM is a unique opportunity to engage with government officials from our 60 member nations and representatives from industry, civil society and academia.
The theme of this year’s meeting is Managing Artisanal and Small-scale Mining (ASM). However, we will also be covering a wide range of other topics such as: tax base erosion and profit shifting; local content; mine closure; and voluntary sustainability initiatives.
Please register here to secure your place at the meeting.
More information is available on the 2017 AGM webpage
including a preliminary agenda, an invitation
and welcome kits to assist you with logistics
Monday, October 16, 2017: Intergovernmental Workshop (for government delegates only)
Tuesday, October 17 to Thursday, October 19, 2017: Annual General Meeting
Friday, October 20, 2017: Technical Workshop on Tax Base Erosion and Profit Shifting
Speakers from the following organizations and groups will be presenting at the meeting:
- IGF member governments
- African Minerals Development Centre (AMDC)
- African Natural Resources Center of the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- AngloGold Ashanti
- Canadian International Resources and Development Institute (CIRDI)
- Fair Links
- Fund for Peace
- Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF)
- Goldcorp Inc.
- International Council on Mining and Metals (ICMM)
- International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)
- International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN)
- Levin Sources Ltd
- Newmont Mining Corporation
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Teck Resources
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- UN Environment (UNEP)
- World Bank