A weekly digest of activity on GOXI
The Republic of Petronia has made a potentially game-changing oil disco... and you have the chance to influence resource governance outcomes in this virtual developing country. The Natural Resource Governance Institute invites you to this "fun and interactive" simulation of hard real-life choices.
While Rwanda exceeds its mineral export revenue target, Trinidad and Tobago EITI exposes gaps in revenue collection systems.
Mukasiri Sibanda calls on Zimbabwe's Parliament to look away from the sparkle of diamond revenues and pay attention to the mega deals being announced frequently, including the government's deal with Zimplats.
Tom Butler, CEO of the International Council of Mining and Metals (ICMM) writes on the power of partnerships for the Intergovernmental Forum (IGF).
And Jasmin Blessing announces the Stockholm Dialogue on the Nexus between Human Rights, Environmental Sustainability, and Conflict Prevention.
These and more jobs, blogs, photos, videos, and discussions on GOXI.
NB: Please note that we are working on a glitch in the URL display in the address bar. In the meantime, to be able to share links, please access GOXI with extractiveindustries.ning.com
- Orlands Kofi Tetteh; Head of Small Scale and Industrial Minerals Department - Minerals Commission; Accra, Ghana
- Gregory Kituku; Assistant Director of Mines - Ministry of Petroleum and Mining; Nairobi, Kenya
- Olivia Lyster; Project Manager and Researcher - Levin Sources; Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Joseph Emmanuel Winston Jackson; Geologist and Artisanal Officer - National Minerals Agency; Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Ani Memuduaghan; Regional Geologist - Nigerian Geological Survey Agency (NGSA); Asaba, Delta, Nigeria
- Eduardo Noboa; Sustainability Researcher - Leuphana; Lueneburg, Germany
- Annibale Ferrini; Director of Special Projects - Communication and Stakeholder Engagement - INSUCO LATAM; Huánuco, Peru
- FH; Director - PWYP-US; Arlington, VA; United States
- Catherine Tarimo; Researcher; BC, Canada
- Alex Shoebridge; Peacebuilding Advisor - Oxfam; Sydney, Australia
- Manorama Sunuwar; Gender Specialist - UNDP Suriname; Lalitpur, Nepal
- Alexander Verbeek; Founder - Institute for Planetary Security; Burgh-Haamstede, Netherlands
- Trinidad and Tobago EITI exposes gaps in revenue collection systems - EITI - Read
- Rwanda surpasses mineral export revenue target by 55% for FY 2017/2018 - Nuwagira Stephen - Read
- Stockholm dialogue on the nexus between human rights, environmental sustainability, and conflict prevention - Jasmin Blessing - Read
- The power of partnership - IGF Secretariat - Read
- Should we cebrate govt-zimplats platinum deal or worry? - Mukasiri Sibanda - Read
- Kyela de Weerdt -Webinar: Buyer-Supplier Portals in Extractives - Enhancing Local Procurement; Online; June 12, 2018 - RSVP
- Natural Resource Governance Institute;Introducing Petronia! A Launch and Discussion on Gaming for resource governance; Washington, DC, United States; June 13, 2018 - RSVP
- Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue (UQAT) and the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum - Symposium 2018 Rouyn-Noranda; Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec; June 17-18, 2018 - RSVP
- Parthenope University of Naples, Italy, Wessex Institute;4th International Conference on Environmental and Economic Impact on Sustainable Development; Italy; June 20-22, 2018 - RSVP
Remember: Post a job as a blog and we'll do the rest
- Executive Director-EITI Secretariat in Oslo- Apply
- Sustainability Analyst - Kumi Consulting (London) - Apply
- Research Director - MSI Integrity - Apply
- National Consultant - UNDP, Mozambique - Apply
|Featured initiative - G7 CONNEX
The G7 CONNEX Initiative was established in 2014 to strengthen assistance for complex contract negotiations in the extractives sector. The CONNEX Support Unit is the implementing body and provides independent, high-quality, demand-oriented, multi-disciplinary and rapid support as well as expertise during negotiation of large-scale, complex investment contracts in the resource sector. Government bodies of developing countries can request support. Germany has been a very strong CONNEX supporter from the very beginning. GIZ has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to manage the CONNEX Support Unit Secretariat.
(Information on featured members and organizations is based on content shared by members or publicly available information, sometimes edited for language and brevity, and should not be considered an endorsement by GOXI of any member's skills or experience.)
See who else is on GOXI
|Beyond GOXI: Books, news, papers and reports
- New molecules developed at Notre Dam to reduce cost, environmental impact of mining precious metals - University of Notre Dame - Read
- China's surprising move to cut solar subsidies - Oil Price - Read
- Congo mining code regulations signed into law: aides - Reuters - Read
- Why diversification makes a precious metals portfolio stronger - Visual Capitalist - Read