A weekly digest of activity on GOXI
The Code of Risk-mitigation for ASM engaging in Formal Trade (CRAFT) will be an open-source code that can be used by anyone in or working with the ASM gold supply chain to improve access to legal and reliable markets and support progressive improvement of environmental and social conditions in ASM. But CRAFT will be nothing without your input from February 26 to April 26.
Towards that same goal of sanitizing and enhancing supply chains, Hass Kouao-Bile contributes five practical solutions to curb illegal mining.
Perrine Toledano drills down to those minerals critical for the energy transition and how to access them sustainably.
Taking a broader perspective, NetPositive shares its global collaborative research, which looks at a new approach to extractives development. Some of the results will be discussed on March 7 at the PDAC Convention in Toronto.
Ross Harvey calls for papers for abstracts on EU-Africa relations on Extractive Industries.
And IGF releases its 2017 Annual Report.
These and more jobs, blogs, photos, videos, and discussions on GOXI
- Kaen Chovan; Principal - Environmental Integration Strategies; Saskasoon, SK, Canada
- Vincent Kawamya; Research Fellow - Copperbelt University; Lusaka, Zambia
- Claudia Antonio; Environmental - La Paz; Bolivia
- André Dequech de Carvalho; Lawyer - CSN; Nova Lima, Brazil
- Batkhishig Badarch; Student - University of Dundee; Dundee, United Kingdom
- Bernard Sanya; Tax Administration Advisor, Extractives - Kampala, Uganda
- Khobotle Vincent Khoabane; Legal Officer - Lesotho Defence Force; Maseru, Lesotho
- Roy Jakola; Managing Director - Canadian Mining Suppliers, Aurora Ontario, Canada
- Tuliikeni Ndadi; Masters Student - Dundee, United Kingdom
- Nonhlanhla Payne; Permitting Specialist (Legal) and Academic - Wits University; Johannesburg, South Africa
- Mimi Mvakali; Attorney - Johannnesburg, South Africa
- Kerecha Goeffrey Obag; Programmes Officer - Extractives Baraza, Strathmore University; Nairobi, Kenya
- Public consultation open for the CRAFT Code - Natalia Uribe - Read
- How to ensure that we can sustainably access enough critical minerals to ensure the energy transition - Perrine Toledano - Read
- Five practical solution to curbing illegal mining - Hass Kouao-Bile - Read
- IGF releases it annual report - IGF Secretariat - Read
- WANTED: Specialist for Business Development and Negotiation Support at the CONNEX Support Unit Secretariat (GIZ managed) - Juliane Weymann - Read
- A New Approach to Extractive Development - NetPositive shakes things up with latest research - Jane Church - Read
- Jasmin Blessing; Free Online Course on Environmental Security and Sustaining Peace; Online; March 1- May 10, 2018 - RSVP
- Ellen De Keyser; Training in Resettlement as part of Impact Assessment; Durban, South Africa; March 15, 2018 - RSVP
- Cognition; ITRI International Tin Conference 2018; Budapest; April 23 - 25, 2018 - RSVP
Remember: Post a job as a blog and we'll do the rest
- Regional Director/Country Manager for Africa - EITI International Secretariat - Apply
- Country Manger/ Country Officer for MENA - EITI International Secretariat - Apply
- Validation Manager - EITI International Secretariat - Apply
- Communications Director - EITI International Secretariat - Apply
- Spanish speaking experts in the field of Extractive Industries - UNDP - Apply
- Specialist for Business Development and Negotiation Support - CONNEX Support Unit Secretariat (GIZ managed) - Apply
|Featured member - Philippe Hanna
Philippe Hanna is a researcher with professional background in the extractive industries and NGO sectors, particularly with Corporate Social Responsibility and Stakeholder Engagement. He is experienced in environmental licensing processes as well as IFC Performance Standards, GRI Indicators, Equator Principles and Regional Banks compliance due-diligence. Hanna is also a specialist in human rights, Indigenous peoples, Latin America, business ethics, risk management, social and environmental conflicts.
(Information on featured members and organizations is based on content shared by members or publicly available information, sometimes edited for language and brevity, and should not be considered an endorsement by GOXI of any member's skills or experience.)
See who else is on GOXI
|Beyond GOXI: Books, news, papers and reports
- Between the plough and the pick: Informal, artisanal and small-scale mining in the contemporary world - Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt - Read abstract
- INFOGRAPHIC: China's staggering demand for commodities - Visual Capitalist - See
- Political risk outlook - Oil&Gas 2018 - Verisk Maplecroft - Read
- Eike Batista's wife says he hid a gold mine during divorce - Bloomberg - Read