A weekly digest of activity on GOXI
In week 3 of NEW TECH, NEW DEAL, Vanessa Ushie writes, "New mining technologies and the fiscal space: ensuring shared value and sustainable development."
Jeff Geipel draws the key insights from the Week 2 discussion.
But the discussions remain open, so you can still contribute to that and all discussions from previous weeks. #NewTechNewDeal
Also on GOXI this week....
On Friday 17 May 2019, the Board of the Zimbabwe Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC) fired seven executive managers of the State-owned enterprise, Mukasiri Sibanda reports. Just another episode in the endless drama surrounding Marange diamonds.
Can large and small-scale miners forge linkages in the era of resou...? IIED shares a new paper on the case of Tanzania.
Kirsten Hund writes on forging forest-smart mining to mitigate the impact of climate change as the world heads towards a mineral-intensive future.
OGEL journal announces the publication of its special issues on the Modernisation of the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT) and Energy Law and Regulation in Low-carbon and Transitional Energy Mar....
And Marc Choyt writes about chain of custody.
These and more jobs, blogs, photos, videos, and discussions on GOXI.
- Kamran Hedayat; General Contractor - Toran Incorporation; Texas, United States
- Dr. Kash Sirinanda; Founder - Mine Connector; Melbourne, Australia
- Pierre Emery-Günster; In-house Consultant & Strategy Enabler - EuropaBüro Jens Geier, MEP; Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Caren; Senior Environmental Management Officer - National Environment Management Council; Dodoma, Tanzania
- Joshua Kolondo; Environment Officer - National Environment Management Authority Kenya; Nairobi, Kenya
- Megistu, Gera Techane; Senior Environmentalist - Ministry of Mines and Petroleum; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Armando Mendoza; Research Officer Working in Peru and LAC- Oxfam; Lima, Peru
- Sabrina Lakhani; Community Relations Advisor - Government of Northwest Territories/ University of Queensland; Yellowknife, Canada
- Jane Joughin; Corporate Consultant, Environmental Management - SRK Consulting; Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Cathryn MacCallum; Principal Social Scientist - SRK Consulting; Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Tara Howse; Researcher - Rossland, BC, Canada
- Hambaye Alamgana Wakgari; Mine Permit Expert - Oromia Mineral Development Authority; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Tadesse Teshome Assefa; Mine Permit Expert - Oromia Mineral Development Authority; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Grace Barrasso; Environment and Social Risk - EDC; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Indalkacho Mangasha Bayan; Mineral Licensing Case Team Leader - Oromia Mineral Development Authority; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Nancy Nyenga; Senior Environmental Management Officer - National Environment Management Council; Arusha, Tanzania
- Juddy Susan Arieko; County Environment Officer - National Environment Management Authority; Nairobi, Kenya
- Edika Stephen Masisi; Environmental Inspector - National Environment Management Council (NEMC); Mwanza, Tanzania
- Enat; Environment and Climate Change Director - Ministry of Mines and Petroleum; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Nuru Makea Mwambemba; Mining and Environmental Inspector - Dodoma, Tanzania
- Esther Mwita; Compliance and Enforcement Officer - NEMA; Nairobi, Kenya
- Marange diamonds: The drama never ends - Mukasiri Sibanda - Read
- The fatal ineffectiveness of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) chain of custody scheme - Marc Choyt - Read
- Can large and small-scale miners forge linkages in the era of resource nationalism? - IIED - Read
- Forest-Smart Mining: A low-carbon future must protect the world’s forests - Kirsten Hund - Read
- TDM 1 (2019) special issue on the modernisation of the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT) - OGEL Journal - Read
- OGEL 1 (2019) Special Issue on Energy Law and Regulation in Low-carbon and Transitional Energy Markets - OGEL Journal - Read
- New mining technologies and the fiscal space: ensuring shared value and sustainable development - Vanessa Ushie - Read
- Steps to curb short circuiting of mining fiscal linkages - Mukasiri Sibanda - Read
- The EITI adopts a new visual identity - EITI - Read
- Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment; CCSI Annual Executive Training Program on Extractive Industries and Sustainable Development; Columbia University, New York, USA; June 3 - 14, 2019 - RSVP
- Sueln Haidar; Course on Social Risk Management; Sustainability in Asia and Pacific; Yangon, Myanmar; June 3 - 9, 2019 - RSVP
- CEPMLP, University of Dundee;3rd Dundee Energy Forum; Dundee, Scotland; June 10 - 11, 2019 - RSVP
- Jeff Geipel; Mining Local Procurement: a necessary lever to overcome the resource curse; London, United Kingdom; June 10, 2019 - RSVP
- CIRDI, Carleton University, IGF; Casualty or catalyst: Gender Equality and the Future of Mining; Ottawa, Canada; June 12, 2019 - RSVP
Remember: Post a job as a blog and we'll do the rest
- Independent member of the supervisory board of a state company - Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Combinat in the Republic of Uzbekistan - Apply
- Senior technical officer, forests - CDP - Apply
- Multiple job openings - Trimble Land Administration - Apply
|Featured member - Wendy Tyrrell
Wendy Tyrrell is Managing Director of The Long View Consulting. She is a performance-focused senior executive, non-executive director, and consultant specializing in stakeholder engagement, sustainable development, communications, and responsible business practices. A collaborative leader with expertise built in complex, global organizations, focused on creating true partnerships and practical strategies for lasting results.
Wendy Tyrell is an Expert Consultant for the GOXI Series: New Tech, New Deal. Read more.
(Information on featured members and organizations is based on content shared by members or publicly available information, sometimes edited for language and brevity, and should not be considered an endorsement by GOXI of any member's skills or experience.)
See Who else is on GOXI
|Beyond GOXI: Books, news, papers and reports