A weekly digest of activity on GOXI
UNDP would like your opinion on the performance of Chinese companies on sustainable development overseas. Take the quick online survey by December 2.
PWYP-Indonesia reports that civil society organizations, residents, and local governments in Indonesia have been lobbying for the country's EITI to fully implement the 2013 standard, which requires all companies to report their payments project-by-project. This is partly because "advocacy has been further enhanced when project-level payment data has been available."
There's a model for that. As the global transparency movement drills down from the macro level to project level, OpenOil is building project-level financial models for the new era. Johnny West gives us five reasons why.
Didrot Nguepjouo shares his 20-minute documentary on the slightly mechanized artisanal mining in Cameroon (in French and English).
And on Tuesday, November 15, the World Bank will host Mining, the School of Rock: An Insight into Mineral Fiscal Regimes at the Bank's headquarters in Washington, DC. More information can be requested from email@example.com
These and more jobs, blogs, photos, videos, and discussions.
- Yosra Bennagi; Research Analyst - Tripoli, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- Jiayi Xu; Programme Assistant - UNDP; Beijing, China, mainland.
- Erik Grigoryan; President - Association of Young Environmental Lawyers and Economists; Yerevan, Armenia
- Patrick Field; Managing Director - Consensus Building Institute; Cambridge, MA, United Kingdom
- Lauren Reese; Project Associate, USAID Liberia Accountability and Voice Initative - DAI; Monrovia, Liberia
- Mora Johnson; Barrister & Solicitor - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Ximena Warnaars; Program Associate, Natural Resources and Climate Change - Ford Foundation; New York, NY, United States
- Philipp Wiederspahn; Natural Resource Governance Expert - GIZ - German Development Cooperation; Bujumbura, Burundi
- Tobias Rothe; Commercial Director Central Africa - Private Sector Trading house;Baden Wuertemberg, Germany
- Josimar Biosse; Technician - National Agency for Environmental Quality Control; Maputo, Mozambique
- John Nyaoko; Senior Analyst, Revenue Allocation & Budget Analysis - Commission on Revenue Allocation; Nairobi, Kenya
- Felipe Lesmes Palacio; Advocacy for Environmental Policy Specialist - United Nations Development Programme; Bogota, Colombia
- New practical community guide: When oil, gas or mining arrives in your area - Jeroen De Zeeuw - Read
- Application for the Asia-Pacific Knowledge Hub Program open until November 13, 2016 - Emanuel Bria - Read
- Dear employees, managers and owners - Purevudlam Altantsetseg - Read
- Call for opinions - Evaluating Sustainable Development of Chinese Business Overseas - Jiayi Xu - Read
- Five reasons to model at the project level - Johnny West - Read
- How PWYP - Indonesia is turning extractives transparency into accountability - Publish What you Pay Indonesia - Read
- Local Content Solutions Ltd; LCS 3-day Local Content Master Class, 16th to 18th Nov, England; Oxfordshire, England; November 15 - 18, 2016 - RSVP
- Majala Mlagui; National Stakeholders Forum on Land and Mining; Nairobi, Kenya; November 18, 2016 - RSVP
- Inter-social Consulting, in partnership with AECOM; Social Risk & Resettlement Management Training Course; Nairobi, Kenya; November 18, 2016 - RSVP
- IAIA, ADB, World Bank and University of the Philippines; Deadline for Submission of Abstracts for IAIA Special Symposium on Resettlement & Livelihoods, February 2017, Manila; Mandaluyong City 1550, Metro Manila; November 21, 2016 - RSVP
- Virginia Baker; Getenergy Africa 2016; Der es Salaam, Tanzania; November 21 - 23, 2016 - RSVP
Remember: GOXIans are everywhere
Remember: Post a job as a blog and we'll do the rest
- Adam Smith International, Extractive Industries Governance - Short term internship - Apply
- UNDP, Afghanistan - International consultant, Economist - Apply
- UNDP, Afghanistan - Consultant - Apply
- Oxfam Canada in Ottawa - Extractives Industry Policy Specialist - Apply
- PNUD, Colombia - International Evaluation Consultant - Apply
- PODER, Mexico - Program Director - Apply
- Artisanal Gold Council, Victoria, BC - Senior Geochemist and Technical Expert - Apply
- Artisanal Gold Council, Peru - ASGM Project Director - Apply
- CDA Collaborative Learning Projects - Executive Director - Apply
|Featured organization - Artisanal Gold Council
The Artisanal Gold Council (AGC) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the opportunities, environment, and health of the millions of people involved in Artisanal and Small-Scale Gold Mining (ASGM) in the developing world, and in doing so, improving the global gold sector. Connect with AGC on GOXI.
(Information on featured members and organizations is based on content shared by members or publicly available information, sometimes edited for language and brevity, and should not be considered an endorsement by GOXI of any member's skills or experience.)
See who else is on GOXI
|Beyond GOXI: Books, news, papers and reports
- Trump slump: gold price is tumbling - Mining.com - Read
- Trump's energy policy could lead to $20 oil: An investor's guide - Forbes - Read
- Rio Tinto suspends unit CEO Alan Davies amid Guinea payments investigation - NASDAQ - Read
- INFOGRAPHIC: The end of world poverty is in sight - Visual Capitalist - See