A weekly digest of activity on GOXI
David Jensen announces a new online course on Environmental Security and Sustaining Peace by the UN.
GIZ's Extractives and Development programme presents a publication on Stranded Assets and the Governance Implications for the Fossil Fuel....
Synøve Almås shares highlights from the EITI's conference in Jakarta on beneficial ownership and also its Board meeting in Manila.
This, as the United States withdraws from EITI, prompting a note from Africa.
As the output from artisanal and small-scale mining (ASM) reportedly surpasses that of large-scale mines, Mukasiri Sibanda reports snippets of national dialogues on ASM in Zimbabwe.
And Katherine Stanley wants feedback on the latest Gender and Development Journal on Natural Resource Justice.
These and more jobs, blogs, photos, videos, and discussions are on GOXI.
- Lamine; Engineer - Ministry of Mines and Geology; Dakar, Senegal
- Synøve Almås; Communications Intern - EITI; Oslo, Norway
- Gabriel Jaramillo; Regional Policy Advisor on Natural Capital and Climate Change - UNDP; Panama
- Kyela de Weerdt; Intern - Toronto, Canada
- Rosalina Langa; Technician - Ministry of Land, Environment and Rural Development; Maputo, Mozambique.
- Sara Juarez Sales; Executive Manager of Socio-Environmental Programs - Fundação Renova; São Paulo, SP, Brazil
- Sidra Khalid; Capacity Development Program Assistant - Natural Resource Governance Institute; London, United Kingdom
- Oskar Tinnerholm; Analyst - UN; Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Louis Synman; Mining and Environmental Justice Attorney - Centre for Applied Legal Studies, University of the Witwatersrand; Gauteng, South Africa
- A Tale of the ‘Bulldozer’, Thorn-ton & the Subterfuge - AfrikaYetu - Read
- New publication: From Riches to Rags? - Stranded assets and the governance implications for the Fossil Fuel Sector - Extractives and Development - Read
- Snippets of national dialogue on artisanal and small scale gold mining - Mukasiri Sibanda - Read
- Sustainable foreign direct investment - Karl S. Sauvant - Read
- Environmental Governance Program; Environmental Governance Programme (EGP) Annual Event; New York, United States; November 6-8, 2017 - RSVP
- Martin Browm; UK Trade Mission to Nigeria; Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria; November 7-11, 2017 - RSVP
- Gecamin Chile; Enviromine-Srmining 2017; November 8 - 10, 2017 - RSVP
- Extractives and Deveopment; Climate Change – Extractive Industries – Resource Efficiency @COP23; Bonn; November 8, 2017 - RSVP
- World Refining Association; GPS - Global Petrochemicals Summit; Athens, Greece; November 13-15, 2017 - RSVP
- World Refining Association; ERTC 22nd Annual Meeting; Athens, Greece; November 13-15, 2017 - RSVP
- Africa Centre for Energy Policy; Africa Oil Governance Summit; Accra, Ghana; November 13-14, 2017 - RSVP
- Omar Yussif; Executive Training for State Representatives on Boards of Directors; Kigali, Rwanda; November 14-15, 2017 - RSVP
- Martin Brown; Niger Delta Development Forum; Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria; November 14-15, 2017 - RSVP
Remember: Post a job as a blog and we'll do the rest
- Extractives Hub Consultant - United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) - Apply
- Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist - USAID South America Promotion of Best Environmental and Social Management Practices ,Peru - Apply
- Grants Manager - USAID South America Promotion of Best Environmental and Social Management Practices, Peru - Apply
- Finance and Administration Director - USAID South America Promotion of Best Environmental and Social Management Practices, Peru - Apply
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager - USAID South America Promotion of Best Environmental and Social Management Practices, Peru - Apply
|Member profile - Tom Measham
Tom Measham leads a team of economists and geographers focused on regional and community sustainability at CSIRO Land and Water (Australia). His research focuses on how regional communities are affected by and engage with the social and economic challenges and opportunities which face them, including the development of mining and energy sectors. He holds a PhD from Australian National University where he continues to serve as an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Fenner School of Environment and Society. He also holds a Masters Degree in Environmental Science from James Cook University and a Bachelors Degree in social history from Sydney University.
(Information on featured members and organizations is based on content shared by members or publicly available information, sometimes edited for language and brevity, and should not be considered an endorsement by GOXI of any member's skills or experience.)
See who else is on GOXI
|Beyond GOXI: Books, news, papers and reports
- Why Saudi Arabia's crackdown sent oil prices soaring - Oilprice - See
- Copper miners to see profit grow further in 2018? - Mining.com - Read
- The two high-growth sectors that could outperform tech - Visual Capitalist - Read
- Petrobras, BP form strategic alliance - Oil&Gas journals - Read