Job Title/Grade: Operations Analyst (6) / Senior Operations Analyst (7)
Department: Sustainable Business Group (SBG)
Reports to: Manager, Sustainable Business Group
Date: September 5, 2018
Function of the Position:
This is a full-time position for a finance and operations professional that will contribute to the Sustainable Business Group. SBG is a specialized department within DAI Global, LLC that leads engagements with private sector clients in the oil, gas, mining, power, and renewable energy sectors.
For more about DAI SBG, please visit www.dai.com/sbg.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The percentages below are illustrative and may evolve and/or change depending on the company’s needs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Business Unit Operational Support (50%)
- Problem solves operational challenges including drafting business operations strategies, workflows, and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison to project teams and field teams for day-to-day problem solving and support.
- Independently trouble-shoots common problems and escalates more complex issues to the Manager/Team Lead and follows up until resolved.
- Coordinates the administrative activities of projects including start-up, recruitment, mobilization and demobilization of staff, file retention, procurements, invoice processing, and auditing expenses.
- Assists in developing marketing materials
- Maintains the SBG’s internal knowledge management system
- Provides support as needed across the business unit, including short-term coverage for other analysts, and collaborates with colleagues.
2. Contract Management (20%)
- Initiates requests for approvals, coordinates submissions for contract and subcontract modifications and coordinates all other requests for contract office support.
- Drafts routine contractual documents using approved templates.
- Identifies and synthesizes potential issues and presents possible solutions to the Manager, SBG and project team.
- Drafts consultant, service, and non-service requisitions.
- Monitors subcontractor budgets and liaises with subcontractors regarding administrative or operational issues as appropriate.
3. Financial Management (20%)
- Processes and reviews project financial transactions and monthly project invoices.
- Processes client invoices and trouble-shoots project payments.
- Creates and/or maintains project budget tools and coordinates data entry from field and home office into project contract budget in advance of modifications.
4. New Business (10%)
- Supports new business opportunities by contributing to proposal efforts in budget development and proposal coordination.
- Provides research, administrative, and logistical support to new business efforts. Illustrative tasks include: compiling past and on-going project experience; organizing information; creating charts, tables, and formatting
- Grade 6: Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 1 year of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Grade 7: Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or a 2 years relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Masters or advanced degree.
- Experience in international development
- Some international field experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Applicants must apply online