sharing in governance of extractive industries
Deadline to Apply June 14, 2013
Revenue Development Foundation is recruiting Revenue Specialists to be placed in government institutions in Malawi, Sierra Leone and Liberia.
The Revenue Specialist is responsible for implementing projects seeking to increase public administration efficiency in natural resource management and to maximize government revenues (mineral rights administration, forestry rights and local government property tax). The Revenue Specialist will be based in government institutions, supporting the implementation of RDF’s systems.
The position is for one year, starting with a 4 months volunteer period and thereafter remuneration of USD 2,500 per month. During the volunteer period, a USD 1,000 stipend will be provided, including all other entitlements. Accommodation in guest house is provided. International expatriate health and accident insurance is included. Transportation in-country is also provided for.
- Work with counter-part government staff to generate results and positive changes in government institutions.
- Ensure delivery of results according to defined targets and milestones.
- Utilize and further develop methodologies and tools to supporting institutional capacity development with RD systems.
- Establish knowledge of administrative processes to ensure efficent implementation of RD systems.
- Ensure proper documentation, training materials and information materials in general.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the programme team.
- Bachelor degree in public administration or related field. Master degree preferred.
- Sound understanding of efficient institutional regulations, procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of mining, forestry governance or local government is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good ICT literacy skills and experience of working with IT systems.
- Active interest in issues related to international development.
- Ability to work in different social and cultural environment.
Last updated by Norma Garza Jun 1, 2013.