Deadline to Apply: 21 October 2019
The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) International Secretariat is now recruiting a full-time Country Officer for Francophone Africa to join the office in Oslo, Norway.
This position offers the chance to work in an international and vibrant working environment helping citizens of resource-rich countries benefit from their natural resources and to work on subjects at the cutting edge of development and the extractive industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, detailed-oriented, political and research-savvy individual with sharp analytical skills, who can manage competing interests and stakeholders’ relations in EITI member countries in Francophone Africa.
We offer a competitive salary and will consider requests to provide financial support to cover relocation costs based on circumstances and financial need.
- Support implementation in a selection of Francophone African EITI countries, including communication with implementing countries and partners.
- Support analysis of EITI data and update website content related to EITI implementation in the region.
- Support logistics for training webinars and regional training workshops.
- Develop tools for monitoring workplan implementation and support the team in preparation of training and Validation missions.
- Support the Francophone Africa team in their contact with Francophone Board members.
- Support in the production of EITI publications and other relevant documentation, including Board papers (proofreading translated documents and sending through web-based tools).
- Be the contact point between the Francophone team and the Secretariat’s language coordinator, particularly for larger publications.
- Support the administrative organisation of the team, including organising team meetings.
- Relevant advanced university degree. Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French.
- Experience in natural resources governance and knowledge of the region is highly desirable.
- Experience with finance and budgeting is desirable.
- Experience working with project management tools is desirable (Teams)
- Some experience proofreading French text is an advantage
- Experience working in an international environment and with international partners is an advantage.
- Experience working with databases and websites is an advantage.
- We particularly welcome applicants from within the region.
How to apply
To apply please visit EITI's application portal no later than 21 October 2019 (23:59 CEST). Please note that they we will not process applications received via email.